- MLS degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
- Command of at least one non-English language central to the Chinese, Japanese, Middle East, South Asian, Hebraic or Slavic Collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cataloging standards, issues, and trends.
- Experience cataloging monographic resources.
- Familiarity with acquisitions standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of bibliographic utilities and integrated library systems.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to service in a production-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. Flexibility in response to change.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience managing cataloging and metadata projects and complex workflows.
- Familiarity with established and developing metadata standards.
Affirmative Action Statement: Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
For full posting and to apply: http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/36364