EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assists with the maintenance and documentation of the departmental collection; assists in the classification, description, and interpretation of artworks; conducts research for identifying and interpreting the objects; writes informational labels, assists in preparation of brochures and other related materials as required brochures and other related materials as required; assists in the research and preparation for grants; updates and organizes files.
- Assists in planning, developing and organizing exhibitions; assists in supervising the preparation and installation of artworks; coordinates administrative details of exhibitions as required.
- Responds to request for information about objects; conducts tours of the Chinese art collection for visitors; answers correspondence related to Chinese art; prepares and maintains operational records of departmental activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Art History or Asian Studies, with a specialization in Chinese Art; Advanced degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational, planning, research and presentation skills. Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, visitors, volunteers and donors.
- Computer proficiency; knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous and conscientious in following through on assigned tasks.
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese and knowledge of Chinese culture.
$22.3979-$26.9004 per hour.
Please note: New hires start at the beginning of the salary range and this position is represented by SEIU 1021.
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
To apply http://asianart.snaphire.com/jobdetails;jsessionid=8D3365A555A7277CB8DE7A60F6077A27?jobmc=10517FZL