Backstage Library works is looking for a temporary Chinese cataloger to work onsite at a library in Sarasota, Florida. The project is expected to last 5-6 weeks with full-time hours beginning April 25th (the start date may be negotiable). If not local to the Sarasota area, all expenses, including room and board, will be provided.
Pay starts at $16.00/hr.
Library cataloging, including LC classification and subject headings for ~500 monographs in Chinese and English languages. Copy cataloging will be from WorldCat in the OCLC WMS system with original cataloging if no copy is found, plus holdings. Non-Roman item original cataloging includes transliteration and script. Physical processing includes handling items, attaching barcodes, printing spine labels and label attachment.
· Must accurately type 50+ wpm
· Ability to work productively and intelligently with minimal supervision
· Attentiveness to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Knowledge of cataloging standards including RDA, AACR2, ISBD, MARC21, LC classification, LCSH and LC Chinese transliteration
· Experience searching WorldCat – training on OCLC WMS will be provided
· Must pass a background check and drug test
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com